He was involved in a fatal accident last month in Miami Beach Florida. From the Miami Herald-
A DUI manslaughter charge is expected to be filed Wednesday afternoon against Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth, alleging the football player was driving drunk last month when he struck and killed a pedestrian on Miami Beach, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.
Blood tests revealed Stallworth had a blood alcohol level of .12 after the 7 a.m. crash, a second source with knowledge of the investigation told The Miami Herald.
Arrangements have been made for Stallworth to surrender to authorities, the source said.
Stallworth’s attorney, Christopher Lyons, declined comment.
Police have been investigating Stallworth since March 14, when police responded to the scene of a fatal car crash at the southeast end of the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach.
Police said Stallworth was driving a Bentley east on the MacArthur Causeway about 7 a.m. and struck Mario Reyes, 59, who was getting off work and crossing the street to get to a bus stop.
It shouldn’t need repeating, but alcohol and driving don’t mix. Too many people don’t know their limit or when they are intoxicated. Tragedy then results.
- Baltimore Ravens acquire WR Donte Stallworth
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- NFL WR Donte Stallworth to serve 30 days for DUI Manslaughter
- Univ. of Wisconsin LB arrested for DUI
- WR Donte Stallworth suspended for entire 2009 NFL season
- Lions Assistant Suspended for Nude, Drunk Driving
- Forrest Gump goes to the Univ. of Miami
- JJ Redick Arrested for DUI
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- Jose Uribe Killed in Car Crash
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed