The Dallas Cowboys signed eight undrafted players Monday: Travis Bright,Â G, Â Brigham Young; Rudy Carpenter, QB, Arizona State; Julian Hawkins, WR, Boise State; Jamar Hun, FB, UTEP; Greg Isdaner, G, West Virginia; Kevin Ogletree, WR,Â Virginia; Asaph Schwapp, FB, Notre Dame; and Michael Turkovich, G, Notre Dame.
This team is talented and just drafted an even dozen players.Â It’s doubtful, then, that any of the players above will make the active roster, let alone land starting jobs this year.Â Mostly, they’re being added to the roster as practice fodder; that’s especially true at QB, where you only have three guys otherwise.
I don’t know any of these guys or their talent levels, aside from the fact that 200-odd players were thought worthy of drafting and none of these were.Â If I had to take a guess, I’d say one of the fullbacks has the best shot at making the roster just because the Cowboys only have one on the roster.
- Ship wreck- Navy beats Notre Dame 23-21
- Report: Big Ten Makes Expansion Offers To Four Colleges
- Navy beats Notre Dame in triple overtime
- Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd: Progress Stopping JAGs
- Frozen Four Field Set
- Charlie Weis Notre Dame Buyout $21 Million
- Falcons’ Michael Koenen First Triple Threat Kicker Since ’82
- Dallas Cowboys 2006 Draft: Day 1
- Dallas Cowboys sign LB Rocky Boiman
- Mother of Boy Who Called Notre Dame Play Dies
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed