What a waste. From AP-
Former NFL player Travis Henry has signed a plea deal with prosecutors in which he admits to a single cocaine conspiracy charge in exchange for two other charges being dropped.
Under a plea deal filed with the court Tuesday, the 30-year-old Henry will admit to conspiracy to possess at least 11 pounds of cocaine with intent to distribute the drug.
If U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull accepts the plea, Henry faces a mandatory minimum 10 years to life in prison, $4 million fine and at least five years of supervised release.
Henry and co-defendant James Mack, 29, of Bow Mar, Colo., were arrested in Denver in October, after authorities in Montana found six pounds of marijuana and about 6.6 pounds of cocaine that the pair allegedly supplied.
The government said Henry trafficked cocaine between Colorado and Montana and that one of his associates had delivered six pounds of cocaine to Billings on prior occasions.
In exchange for Henry’s guilty plea, prosecutors said they would drop two counts of cocaine distribution that each carried another 10-year minimum in prison.
Henry’s lawyer in Denver, Harvey Steinberg, did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment.
Mack also has reached a plea deal with prosecutors, although details have not been revealed. His sentencing is set for April 23.
As ten years is a mandatory minimum for the charge Henry signed a plea for, the sentencing seems like a set thing to me. Henry had a lucrative NFL contract and access to a college education when he played at the Univ. of Tennessee. He appears to have wasted all of what many people would have put to good use.
- Michael Vick Sentenced to 23 Months in Prison
- Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty to felony gun charge
- NY Giant WR Plaxico Burress pleads guilty to felony charge
- Cowboys’ CB Anthony Henry Willing to Move to Safety
- Cincinnati Bengal WR Chris Henry dead at age 26
- Maurice Clarett Sentenced to 3-1/2 Years in Jail
- Rick Tocchet pleads guilty in gambling case
- Cowboys Henry and Glenn Most Underrated Cornerbacks
- NY Giants release Plaxico Burress
- Richard Gasquet avoids tennis ban for cocaine kiss
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed