The Jets make a trade with the team whose head coach, Eric Mangini, just worked for them last season. With Bret Favre retired this time for good, NY takes the best quarterback on the board.
Jets trade their second round pick to Cleveland in addition to exchanging their #17 pick in the first round for Cleveland’s #5 pick. There were players exchanged also. I’ll update the post when I get the details.
ESPN writes- Sanchez doesn’t have as much arm strength or the same body of work as Matt Stafford, but on the other hand teams have fallen in love with his intangibles and arm accuracy during the off season. There?s a lot to like about his pocket presence and ability to elude the rush. We are concerned about rushing him into the starting lineup, but if any of this year?s quarterback prospects have the mental toughness to learn on the fly, Sanchez is the one.
- NFL Draft 2009 – Round 1 #1 – Detroit Lions – QB Matthew Stafford
- Throw it away- NY Jets beat Carolina Panthers 17-6
- Not pretty at all- NY Jets beat Buffalo 19-13
- Brett Favre Traded to New York Jets
- NFL Draft 2009 Live Blog
- Cleveland Browns trade WR Braylon Edwards to the NY Jets
- Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has a broken finger
- Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz says drafting QB not out of the question
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 1 #3 – Atlanta Falcons – QB Matt Ryan
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #17- Tampa Bay from Cleveland from NY Jets- QB Josh Freeman
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed