The Dolphins again go for more help to improve a pass defense that ranked 25th in the NFL last season.
The pick: Sean Smith, CB, Utah
What he brings: Smith possesses an extremely rare blend of size and speed. Although there are some concerns about his ability to stay low and quickly change direction, Smith is able to mask these flaws with his outstanding length.
How he fits: Miami tried to bolster its corners by taking another in the second round. Smith fits the Bill Parcells mold for corners because he’s got good length, size and adequate top-end speed. He fits Miami’s scheme and general manager Jeff Ireland has certainly been proactive in addressing this weakness.
This could be a sleeper pick for Miami that won’t compensate for the Pat White pick which I think has all the makings of a bust.
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #27 Baltimore Ravens DB Jimmy Smith
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #87 – Miami Dolphins- WR Patrick Turner
- Cowboys To Draft Best Players Rather than Pet Cats
- Not Standing Pat- Miami Dolphins cut QB Pat White and WR Patrick Turner
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 2 #61 – Dallas Cowboys – Martellus Bennett
- Parcells Fires Mueller, Cameron Next?
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 2 #44- Miami Dolphins- QB/WR Pat White
- Miami Dolphin Coach Cam Cameron is toast
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #30- Tennessee Titans- WR Kenny Britt
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed