Another Wide Receiver who is ranked well down the board by Scouts Inc.
Positives: Good height and an athletic frame. Good initial quickness off the snap. Better football player than overall athlete. Does a lot of the little things well. Reliable route-runner. Lacks elite burst out of his snaps, but runs them with precision. Good body lean and utilizes head fakes and varying speeds to help generate separation. Good hands. Tough. Will take a big hit and hang on to the ball. Good downfield blocker. Stalks defenders at the second level and can supply a big hit. Experienced special teams player.
Negatives: Lacks the eye-popping athleticism to offer much upside. Doesn’t have the straight-line speed to challenge over the top. Lacks burst out of his breaks. Generally reliable hands, but has some ugly drops when he’s trying to make a move on the defender before securing the pass.
Hartline plays with the competitive edge and displays the toughness to go over the middle. He also shows good body control when catching the ball. However, we have some concerns with his fluidity changing directions and overall consistency with hands because he has a history of dropping balls he should catch.
Oh goody. A white Derek Hagen. It was said Hagen had problems with holding onto the football when Miami drafted him in the 3rd round in 2006.
Mel Kiper sees Hartline as a Special Teams player and 4th Wide Receiver. He’s higher on this selection than Miami’s pick of Patrick Turner.
In light of three of the last four picks they made, I expect Miami to either draft a Basset Hound, A Two-headed Martian lesbian, or Some goldfish with their next picks. The Dolphin 2009 NFL Draft is a psychoanalyst’s dream.
- Miami Dolphins trade WR Chris Chambers to San Diego
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #165 – Miami Dolphins – S Chris Clemons
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #87 – Miami Dolphins- WR Patrick Turner
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #26 Kansas City WR Jon Baldwin
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #23 – Kansas City Chiefs – WR Dwayne Bowe
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #2 – Detroit Lions – WR Calvin Johnson
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 7 #229 – Dallas Cowboys – WR Manuel Johnson
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 2 #34 Buffalo Bills CB Aaron Williams
- Miami Dolphins release WR Derek Hagan
- Punter Donnie Jones signs with the St. Louis Rams
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed