He replaces the recently fired Patrick Knapp. From AP-
Mike McLaughlin is the new women’s basketball coach at the University of Pennsylvania, joining the Ivy League school after winning more than 400 games at Division II Holy Family University.
Penn athletic director Steve Bilsky announced the hiring Friday. McLaughlin replaces Patrick Knapp, who was fired last month after going 48-90 overall and 28-42 in the Ivy in five seasons with the Quakers.
McLaughlin went 407-61 in 14 seasons at Holy Family and won his 400th game faster than any women’s coach in NCAA history. He reached the milestone in 459 games, beating former Louisiana Tech coach Leon Barmore, who needed 463.
That’s an incredible record. That said, it will take more than few miracles for McLaughlin to do the same at Penn.
- Bronx Cheer- Fordham fires Basketball Coach Dereck Whittenburg
- Penn State’s Rene Portland resigns
- South Florida to name Skip Holtz to be its next football coach
- Washington State Basketball Coach June Daugherty hospitalized for cardiac arrest
- Joe Paterno Ties Longetivity Record
- Terrell Owens records his 1,000th career reception
- Former Olympic swin coach Richard Quick dead at 66
- Oklahoma State Baseball accused of major rules violation
- Sweet 600- North Carolina beats Nevada 80-73
- University of Arizona’s Lute Olson taking leave of absence
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed