One of the NFL’s worst teams was looking for insurance at Quarterback. From ESPN-
The third time is charm for the Oakland Raiders and Jeff Garcia as they agreed Monday on a one-year contract, the team confirmed.
Twice before during his football career, the Raiders talked to Garcia about joining them, dating back to his days coming out of college.
Garcia grew up in Gilroy, Calif., and went to college at San Jose State. Out of college, he signed with Calgary of the CFL. The Raiders also talked to him about joining them another time before he settled into a career with the San Francisco 49ers, a career that has featured Pro Bowls and trips to the playoffs.
The 39-year-old Garcia is expected to back up JaMarcus Russell, who is solidly entrenched as the starter.
The Raiders will be Garcia’s sixth team. He has also played with the 49ers, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
If not for his age, you might wager Garcia plays with a dozen or more NFL teams before his career is through.
- Oakland Raiders cut QB JaMarcus Russell
- Sergio Garcia: Spitting mad
- Sacramento King Francisco Garcia breaks his right arm
- South Carolina Gamecock QB Garcia suspended
- QB Daunte Culpepper signs with the Oakland Raiders
- Sergio Leads, Tiger 7 Back, Phil Misses Cut
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #1 – Oakland Raiders – QB JaMarcus Russell
- British Open- With 18 holes to go, Sergio Garcia leads by three
- Former NY Knick coach Isiah Thomas headed to FIU?
- Lookin At Lucky Wins Preakness, Triple Crown To Remain Vacant For Another Year
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed