According to a song popular in my youth, it is inadvisable to tug on Superman’s cape, spit into the wind, pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and mess around with Jim. We might need to expand that list:
A man who grabbed a Dallas Cowboys flag from a car in downtown Washington [D.C.] was punched in the face yesterday, startling passersby in an area that is home to lawyers, lobbyists and expensive shops and restaurants.
One witness said she saw a “big tall man walk up to this guy and hit him across the head.” Then, she said, the tall man “got back in his car and drove off.” She said that the motorist “just hit the man and walked off” and that he picked up an object from the ground, which might have been the flag.
The man who was hit fell and struck his head on the sidewalk, she said. Ringed by the concerned and the curious, the man lay facedown on the pavement.” He was out cold for a good five minutes or so,” the witness said. Police said a man was taken from the scene for treatment of a bruised forehead.
Thus endeth the lesson.
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 1 #17- Tampa Bay from Cleveland from NY Jets- QB Josh Freeman
- Big Ben Injury Update
- Eddie Griffin Driving While Masturbating
- Recollections of the 1987 NFL Players Strike
- Prospects You Need to Keep An Eye On
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 3 #66- St. Louis Rams- CB Bradley Fletcher
- Manuel puts Myers in Pen
- LA Lakers Andrew Bynum misses team flight to Toronto
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Mark Teixeira Homers, Hits 500th RBI in Braves Debut
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed