I find it interesting that the a Chinese news agency reported this originally. From AP-
BEIJING — A Chinese high school team that won an international girl’s soccer tournament last week in Turkey had secretly bulked up its squad with players from the junior national team, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.
The team from Daping Junior High beat other high school squads from Turkey, Brazil, Sweden, and Italy in early round matches, before defeating a team from France in the semifinals and a German side in the final, Xinhua said.
While several of the junior national team players did attend Daping, the bulk of the team representing the school was made up of junior national team players who did not attend the school, according to the report issued late Thursday.
Maybe its time for a few sports organizations to issue a short term ban Chinese competitors. It would send a message that this cheating won’t be tolerated any longer.
- Chinese Gymnast Wang Yang Paralyzed
- Par for the course
- China to combat spread of HIV/AIDS during 2008 Olympics
- Report questions age of New Jersey Nets’ Yi
- Steroids for the Brain?
- Chinese soccer team quarantined over swine flu
- Duke Women’s Lacrosse to Wear INNOCENT Bands
- Nick Saban Recruiting Violations?
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile Part II
- Memphis Slammed, Calipari Skates Again
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed