Darn! I am not one of them. From the Honolulu Advertiser-
The University of Hawai’i has received 85 applications for the position of head women’s basketball coach, athletic director Jim Donovan announced yesterday.
The job became vacant when UH released Jim Bolla, its coach the past five seasons, on April 6 citing cause. He had two years remaining on a contract that was believed to pay approximately $120,000 per year.
Bolla filed a wrongful termination suit April 13 and is seeking reinstatement and damages.
Meanwhile, April 24 was the deadline for applications for the position. Applicants will be screened by a five-member search committee chaired by UH’s senior woman’s administrator, Marilyn Moniz-Kaho’ohano-hano.
A decision is expected this month. April 15 was the first day that schools could begin signing recruits.
I haven’t heard of a Division I school filling a job position in this fashion before. How about anyone else?
- Hawaii reaches financial agreement with former football coach
- League source says Ricky Williams failed marijuana test
- Duke Men’s Lacrosse Program to be Reinstated
- Tampa Bay Buccaneer RB arrested for assaulting a pregnant woman
- Jason Garrett in the Cowboys’ Mix
- Saban Out as Alabama Candidate
- Why Would Cowher Leave? WHY???
- NCAA Proposes Keeping Men and Women Apart
- The Conclave Has Assembled
- Arkansas Tech Wonder Boys Seek New Nickname
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed