Someone might say “I went to a bodybuilding championship and a track and field competition broke out.” From AP-
The Belgian bodybuilding championship has been canceled after doping officials showed up and all the competitors fled.
A doping official says bodybuilders just grabbed their gear and ran off when he came into the room.
Next year the drug testers need to wear sneakers and be prepared to run when they arrive.
“I have never seen anything like it and hope never to see anything like it again,” doping official Hans Cooman said Monday.
Twenty bodybuilders were entered in the weekend competition.
You mean all twenty of them took off?
Cooman says the sport has a history of doping “and this incident didn’t do its reputation any good.”
You think so?
During testing of bodybuilding events last year, doping authorities of northern Belgium’s Flanders region found that three-quarters of the competitors tested positive.
All who fled are guilty till proven innocent. Ban them all.
- Makes no cents at all- Chicago Blackhawk Patrick Kane charged with robbery
- Five Russian Hockey league players found to have heart defects
- Former NFL Lineman Thomas McHale dead at 45
- Polo horses in United States to have random drug tests
- Report Clears Armstrong of Doping in 1999 Tour de France
- Royal Pains- Sheik Mohammed gets 6-month ban for horse doping
- What’s that funny white stuff they use on football fields?
- Javelin kills German athletics official
- Landis May Keep Tour De France Title
- Chess GM Vassily Ivanchuk refuses to take drug test
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed