He was ACC Defensive player of the year last year. From AP-
Herzlich, a senior, was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma, a cancer most often found in bone or soft tissue.
“Obviously, I was shocked. I had been extremely focused on preparing for my senior season at Boston College and for life beyond that. Now, I must channel all that energy into facing my toughest opponent yet, and that is exactly what I will do,” Herzlich said in a statement released by the school.
Herzlich has returned to his native Pennsylvania to be near his family and undergo tests to determine a course of treatment.
Herzlich was a finalist for the Butkus Award, given to the nation’s top linebacker, last season. He led the Eagles with 110 tackles, six interceptions, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
I’m a cancer survivor myself. As one I wish Herzlich the best and hope he beats the dragon.
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #2 Denver Broncos LB Von Miller
- Bruins Rookie Phil Kessel has Cancer-Related Surgery
- Denver Nuggets Coach George Karl has cancer
- Former Detroit Pistons coach Chuck Daly diagnosed with cancer
- Minnesota Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze has leukemia
- Judy Rankin, Hall of Fame Golfer, Has Breast Cancer
- Denver Nuggets’ Nene has testicular cancer
- Philadelphia Eagles Def. Coordinator Jim Johnson has cancer
- Benny Parsons, NASCAR Legend, Dies
- Hall of Fame Basketball coach Chuck Daly dead at 78
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed