He was the St. Louis Rams leading tackler in 2008 before the franchise released him this off season. From AP-
Free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa agreed Friday to a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears after leading the St. Louis Rams in tackles four of the past six seasons.
The Bears also locked up defensive tackle Israel Idonije with a two-year extension through 2011 and agreed to contracts with seven of their nine draft picks.
The 6-foot-1, 240-pound Tinoisamoa led the Rams with 135 tackles (88 solo) before getting released by a new coaching staff seeking more size. In Chicago, he’s reuniting with coach Lovie Smith, his defensive coordinator during the 2003 season in St. Louis.
Tinoisamoa will probably start at strongside linebacker alongside Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher, although incumbent Nick Roach and former starter Hunter Hillenmeyer are in the mix. A second-round pick by the Rams in 2003, he has 661 total tackles, 10 sacks, seven interceptions, 25 pass break-ups, six forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries in his career.
I think the Rams made a dumb decision releasing Tinoisamoa. St. Louis loss is Chicago’s gain I guess.
- DeMeco Ryans Defensive Rookie of the Year
- Isaac Bruce Stays Ram After All
- Chicago Bear DE Gaines Adams dead at 26
- Broncos Acquire Jimmy Kennedy from Rams
- WR Torry Holt signs with Jacksonville Jaguars
- Chicago Bears release RB Cedric Benson
- Cowboys Cut Stephen Peterman, Former 3rd Rounder
- Veteran NFL Quarterback Trent Green announces his retirement
- Rams Sign Stephen Davis to 1 Year, $850K Deal
- St. Louis Rams fire coach Scott Linehan
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed