The 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year returns to the team he played his entire career with, excepting the 2008 season. From the Sun-Sentinel-
Jason Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowler, rejoined the Miami Dolphins today.
Taylor’s agent, Gary Wichard, said the defensive end/linebacker signed a $1.5 million, one-year contract.
Taylor played his first 11 seasons with the Dolphins before being traded to the Washington Redskins. He was released by Washington this offseason after one injury-plagued season.
Taylor had expressed a desire to be closer to his South Florida home.
“My heart has always been in Miami and so I’m truly excited to call myself a Dolphin once again,” Taylor said in a statement.
For a one-year rental of Jason Taylor to the Washington Redskins, Miami got another 2nd round draft choice. The Dolphins spent that on Pat White, and I still think that wasn’t a wise draft choice. Back to Taylor, he is still a good player and should be of help to the Dolphins. I don’t expect Miami to have as much success in 2009 as they did in 2008, mostly because the team faces a far more difficult schedule.
- Jason Taylor and The Miami Dolphins- The end of the road?
- Miami Dolphins trade DE Jason Taylor to the Washington Redskins
- Washington Redskins release DE Jason Taylor
- Washington Redskins Safety Sean Taylor shot at home
- Taylor Comments on Merriman’s Steroid Use
- Punter Donnie Jones signs with the St. Louis Rams
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- NY Giants trade TE Shockey to New Orleans
- It is past time for the Miami Dolphins to cut Jason Allen
- Miami Dolphins release LB Matt Roth
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed