The successor to the ADT Championship will be played this November in Texas. From AP-
The LPGA Tour is going ahead with its season-ending Tour Championship without Stanford Financial.
The tour said Tuesday the LPGA Tour Championship will be played at The Houstonian Golf & Country Club on Nov. 19-22.
What remains puzzling is the 120-player field with limited daylight in Houston that time of the year.
The field will be cut to the top 70 and ties after two rounds, then cut to the top 30 players after the third round. The purse is $1.5 million, which is only $240,000 more than first prize at the Tour Championship on the PGA Tour.
No exclusive field, no million dollar winner. Sounds like any other tour stop to me. I make a bet Tour players wish the ADT Championship was still around.
Also blogging on this news- Hound Dog who asks “So how long will it take for Ms. Bivens to start plugging her Tour Championship as “the fifth major”?”
- The LPGA in South Korea or where in the world is Carolyn Bivens?
- How will the LPGA be affected by the current financial crisis?
- LPGA Tour to add Taiwan tour stop in 2011
- LPGA Tour loses title sponsor ADT
- The Gift that keeps giving- LPGA, IMG file counterclaim in SBS lawsuit
- LPGA Commissioner Carolyn Bivens has to go
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- Nashville LPGA Event Shuts Doors
- Stick a fork in it- The LPGA’s Ginn Tribute is dead
- ADT Championship Sunday- 18 holes for a million dollars
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed