Would you believe he had 13 people in a vehicle and a woman sitting in his lap. From the Sun-Sentinel-
Miami Dolphins defensive end Randy Starks was arrested and charged with aggravated battery early Sunday morning after bumping his slow-moving truck into an officer who was trying to stop him on Ocean Drive, according to The Miami Herald.
Here’s what happened, according to a police report obtained by the newspaper.
Starks was driving a black freight-liner through bumper-to-bumper traffic around midnight when an officer noticed there were 13 people in the four-person vehicle, including a woman sitting on his lap.
The officer walked up to the car and knocked on the side window; Starks kept driving. Starks finally stopped when the officer knocked on the side door. Then the car accelerated, causing the vehicle to hit the officer and pin him against against a vehicle in another lane.
A freightliner may have room for 13. On the other hand, driving with someone in your lap or striking someone with your vehicle are clearly dumb things to do. Will the altercation affect Starks career with the Dolphins?
- Two Washington Wizards players arrested on South Beach
- Slow speed chase- Miami Heat’s Carlos Arroyo arrested after traffic violation
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- New Orleans DE Bobby McCray arrested for DUI
- Cardinals’ Tony La Russa arrested on DUI charge
- Univ. of Wisconsin LB arrested for DUI
- Roethlisberger Fined for Motorcycling Without a License
- Lakers Owner Busted For DUI
- Miami Dolphin RB Ronnie Brown arrested for DUI
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed