He is the Lobos brand new football coach. Locksley was an offensive coordinator at Illinois prior to taking the New Mexico job. From AP-
New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley, on the job less than six months, has been accused of sexual harassment, age discrimination and retaliation by a former administrative assistant.
Sylvia Lopez filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. She worked under Locksley at the Lobos football office before transferring last month, then quit her university job May 15.
Locksley did not immediately respond to telephone messages left Friday by The Associated Press at New Mexico’s football office and through an athletic department publicist.
In a statement released to Albuquerque television station KRQE, Locksley said: “I had always treated everybody with respect. That is who I am. Change and transition is always tough on everybody. Out of respect for all involved, that is all I am going to say.”
Athletic director Paul Krebs said the university is taking the complaint seriously. He declined to discuss the claim in detail, saying it was a personnel matter and the EEOC was likely to conduct an investigation.
I know nothing about Locksley, so I won’t pass judgment one way or the other.
- New Mexico head coach Mike Locksley suspended for one game
- New Mexico Coach Mike Locksley reprimanded for fight with assistant
- No end in sight- Comcast/Versus dispute still unresolved
- Cops Demand Apology from T.O.
- Penn State coach Joe Paterno given three-year extension
- Miami(Ohio) to name Mike Haywood as its next football coach
- Former Gonzaga Basketball Coach Dan Fitzgerald dead at 67
- Colorado State lets go Coach Sonny Lubick
- Bo Schembechler, Michigan Coaching Legend, Dead at 77
- Jesse Barfield Shoved Down Stairs by Son Jeremy
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed