Has college sports hit rock bottom? From the AP-
So said a student board that governs club sports at the University of Oregon when it ended a highly ranked team’s season after five players shed their pants and underwear April 11 during sectional play at Oregon State University in Corvallis.
The squad had already been on probation since November for serving alcohol to minors and making way too much noise at a party to end last season, resulting in fines and citations. Now the team, known as EGO (Eugene Gentlemen’s Organization) is crying foul.
“We put on the longest shirts we had,” pleaded player Kevin Minderhout. “We have some jerseys that are pretty long.”
Minderhout said the team feels “the decision to end the team season was pretty heavy.”
Ultimate Frisbee, which is akin to flag football and is popular as a club sport at numerous universities and high schools, has rules but no referees. Players are responsible for their own foul calls and are to resolve their own disputes.
So far as flaps go in college sports, I think the above article covers it all.
- Dallas Cowboys Uniform Changing for 2010?
- Jaguars to Make Cowboys Wear Dark Jerseys in Heat
- Oregon fires Coach Ernie Kent
- Oregon Ducks reinstate RB LeGarrette Blount
- Collision Course: LPGA and Champions Tour in Oregon on Same Week
- USC Hockey Player Moons BYU Fans
- Dallas Cowboys New Uniforms for 2010?
- Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli charged with one count of burglary
- Why Hasn’t Free Throw Shooting Improved?
- Sucker punch- Pac 10 to review aftermath of Oregon-Boise St. game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed