No we are not talking about a warped episode of Batman but this news-
“It’s a shame,” marshal Nina Dawson told Reuters. “The bird was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was instantaneous.”
Ahn in spite of her fowl crime, managed to shoot a two-under 70 today and stands at -1 for 36 holes.
*- Shi Hyun Ahn’s nickname on the LPGA Tour is Cinderella. She was only 19 years of age when she won her one and only LPGA event. A few years ago, some food establishment asked what golfer went by that nickname and as a result my home blog was getting lots of visitors who wanted to know what the answer was.
Update- A commenter referred me to this story where a Tom Kite tee shot hit a bird. In Kite’s case it resulted in a double bogey and took him out of contention for a Champions Tour title.
For my reader’s viewing pleasure, I updated this post to include a picture of the tasty Ms. Ahn. Enjoy!
- Juggernaut- Inbee Park wins the US Open
- Why have a rule if it isn’t enforced for everyone?
- Did LPGA Golfers Shi Hyun Ahn and Il Mi Chung cheat at the CN Canadian Open?
- HSBC Champions in China elevated to World Golf Championship event
- Mi Hyun Kim gives $100,000 to Kansas Tornado victims
- Momoko Ueda wins Mizuno Classic
- Collision Course: LPGA and Champions Tour in Oregon on Same Week
- Ai Miyazato wins HSBC Champions in Singapore
- Golf World’s Ron Sirak is an imbecile
- LPGA Founder Betty Jameson Dead at 89
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed