The worst team in the AFC during 2008 needs improvements at a whole lot more positions than just who does their placekicking. From AP-
The Kansas City Chiefs have waived kicker Connor Barth, likely clearing the way for seventh-round draft pick Ryan Succop to be the team’s starter this season.
Barth played in 10 games for the Chiefs last season, making 10 of 12 field goals as a rookie, but the 2-14 Chiefs struggled mightily on special teams.
Succop was this year’s “Mr. Irrelevant,” the last player â€” 256th overall â€” taken in the NFL draft. He played 50 games in four seasons at South Carolina, converting 71 percent of his field goals with a long of 55 yards. He made 66 percent his senior season and converted all 30 of his PATs.
I’ve been a patient of a female Dr. Succop(pronounced suck up). I wonder if they are any relation? It isn’t a common name.
Many teams invite more than one kicker to camp, so Mr. irrelevant may not have a guaranteed job yet. In fact Barth getting waived before practice even begins is sort of surprising. The Chiefs have a new head coach(Todd Haley, and as so often happens in that case, they like to bring in their own personnel.
- Dallas Cowboys Kicker Battle: Gramatica v. Folk
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release K Mike Nugent
- Atlanta Falcons release kicker Jason Elam
- Cowboys Gain Instant Confidence In Gramatica
- Miami Dolphins deal Kicker Olindo Mare to New Orleans
- Arizona releases K Mike Nugent
- What if NFL Used the BCS Model?
- New Orleans Saints give boot to kickers
- New Orleans Saints waive K John Carney
- Mario Danelo, USC Kicker, Found Dead
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed