He also won a gold medal at the 1979 Pan American Games. RIP.
Police say former Olympic shot putter Dave Laut has been shot to death outside his Southern California home.
Police officials said the 1984 Olympic bronze medalist and Hueneme High School athletic director was shot multiple times around midnight Thursday.
Sgt. Ron Whitney said the 52-year-old was at home when he and his wife heard noises in the backyard and he went outside to investigate. Shots were fired moments later, and Laut died at the scene.
- Pacers’ Jackson fires gun at strip club
- Former Olympic champion Bob Mathias dead at 75
- Chargers LB Steve Foley Shot Three Times by Police
- Olympic Medalist skiier Jimmie Heuga dead at 68
- Corinne Rey-Bellet, Swiss Sking Star, Murdered
- And if you think Randy Moss is screwed up . . .
- MLB Pitcher Luis Ayala unharmed after kidnap attempt
- Legendary Pool Player Steve “The Miz” Mizerak Dies
- Forrest Gump goes to the Univ. of Miami
- Atlanta Falconsâ€™ OT Quinn Ojinnaka arrested over Facebook fracas
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed