He isn’t happy about it either.
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco was fined $5,000 for wearing an orange chin strap during a preseason game.
Ochocinco first wrote about the fine on his Twitter account Saturday, saying, “WTF I got a damn fine already, it’s the damn preseason, this is some b——-!!!!”
Rule 5, Section 4, Article 3(a) specifies that all players must wear a “Helmet with chin strap (white only) fastened and face mask attached.”
On his Twitter account, Ochocinco said he was suing the NFL for discrimination.
“Im sueing [sic] the NFL,” he wrote at about 1:45 p.m. ET, “I am color blind so this fine is discriminating because I’m disabled in a way, this is a sad day for me:(”
He also posted a photograph of the letter he received from the league.
Ochocinco also posted a reaction to the fine on ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen’s Twitter account, writing, “mort this is [expletive] ridiculous, I am typing a letter back to the league office as we speak, I’m fining they a$$ [sic] back!!!! “
What is more ludicrous- The fine or Ochocinco’s reaction?
- I get a kick out of you- Chad Ochocinco kicks winning PAT in Cincinnati win over New England
- U.S. Open Tennis officials issue twitter warning
- Bad timing- Milwaukee Bucks rookie Brandon Jennings fined for twitter message
- Kansas City Chief RB Larry Johnson apologizes for gay slur
- Cleveland Brown QB Brady Quinn fined by NFL
- Dolphins Stealing Pats Signals ‘Just Football’
- Nascar champ Jimmie Johnson breaks left wrist
- Parcells has Hope
- NFL Reverses Call On Church Parties
- Pharmacy admits it incorrectly mixed supplement linked to deaths of 21 horses
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed