I only have vague recollections of Turner in a Miami Dolphin uniform. RIP.
Former Miami Dolphins defensive lineman T.J. Turner has died of complications from a stroke. He was 46.
Turner’s death was confirmed by Tims Funeral Home in Lufkin. The Lufkin Daily News said he died Monday at a Bryan, Texas, hospital after a stroke last week.
Turner played seven seasons for the Dolphins from 1986-92, compiling 16 sacks in 101 career games. He played defensive end and nose tackle.
He was an All-Southwest Conference player at Houston before the Dolphins drafted him in the third round in 1986.
- Former NFL DT Norman Hand dead at 37
- Former UAB and NBA Basketball player Alan Ogg dead at 42
- Kirby Puckett, Hall of Famer, Dies at 44
- Former NFL Defensive lineman Jesse Mahelona dead at 26
- Miami Dolphins release DE Vonnie Holiday
- Chicago Bear DE Gaines Adams dead at 26
- Jason Taylor re-signs with the Miami Dolphins
- Miami Dolphin DT Tony McDaniel arrested for Domestic violence
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bill Dudley dead at age 88
- NFL Nose Tackle Jason Ferguson suspended for eight games
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed