He did a prior stint with the team from 2004 to 2007. From AP-
The Jacksonville Jaguars have re-signed Ernest Wilford, giving him a chance to make the roster as a tight end.
The team also waived defensive tackle Jonathan Lewis.
Wilford, a fourth-round draft pick by the Jaguars in 2004, left Jacksonville after four seasons and signed a lucrative deal with Miami.
The Dolphins, who gave him $6 million guaranteed, terminated his contract Monday, Miami’s biggest free-agent bust in the Bill Parcells regime.
Wilford caught just three passes for 25 yards last season. He moved from receiver to tight end this year and had a 33-yard touchdown reception against Jacksonville’s reserves in the preseason opener. He had no catches in the second preseason game.
Based on Wilford’s play last year, I don’t expect him to be of much use for Jacksonville.
- WR Torry Holt signs with Jacksonville Jaguars
- Who will stop the
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Jimmy Smith Retires
- Kansas City Chiefs trade TE Tony Gonzalez to Atlanta
- Parcells Fires Mueller, Cameron Next?
- WR Laveranues Coles signs with the Cincinnati Bengals
- Cowboys Defeat Seahawks (in Meaningless Exhibition Game)
- Oakland Raiders agree to 1-year deal with WR Ashley Lelie
- Williams Helps Toronto Win in CFL Debut
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed