What a waste. From ESPN-
Former New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty Thursday to a weapons charge and agreed to a two-year prison term for accidentally shooting himself at a Manhattan nightclub.
Burress pleaded guilty to one count of attempted criminal possession of a weapon, a lesser charge than he initially faced. Under a plea agreement, he agreed to a two-year prison sentence and two years of supervised release.
Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faced a minimum sentence of 3Â½ years if convicted at a trial.
Burress, who caught the winning touchdown for the Giants against the New England Patriots in the final minute of the 2008 Super Bowl, also faces disciplinary action by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
That should not need being stated. Just look at Goodell’s decisions in regards to Michael Vick and Duante Stallworth. A NFL player after getting out of jail doesn’t just get a free pass back into the league nor should he. What a waste
- NY Giants WR Plaxico Burress charged on 2 felony weapon counts
- NY Giants release Plaxico Burress
- Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty to felony gun charge
- Chicago Blackhawks Forward Patrick Kane pleads guilty to disorderly charge
- Rick Tocchet pleads guilty in gambling case
- NFL WR Donte Stallworth to serve 30 days for DUI Manslaughter
- Champions Tour golfer Jim Thorpe gets one year in prison for unpaid taxes
- Miguel Tejada pleads guilty to charge of lying
- Teen posed as reporter at Shea Stadium
- Former NFL RB Travis Henry will go to prison for cocaine distribution
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed