He last played in the NHL for the Florida Panthers. From AP-
The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenseman Steve Eminger to a two-year contract.
The Ducks also acquired left wing Shawn Weller from Ottawa on Friday in a trade for right wing Jason Bailey.
Eminger played for Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and Florida last season, compiling a career-high 26 points.
The former first-round draft pick by Washington played parts of five seasons with the Capitals before being traded three times in less than nine months, culminating in his move to the Panthers last March.
The Panthers acquired Eminger just before last March’s trade deadline. He did very little during his stint with the cats. Anaheim is hoping Eminger will finally show some of the skills that led Washington to spend a first round draft pick on him. Honestly, I see no reason for such optimism.
- Florida Panthers acquire Defenseman Steve Eminger from Tampa Bay
- Washington Capitals get goalie Huet from Montreal
- Florida Panthers trade D Jordan Leopold to Pittsburgh
- Florida Panthers trade D Jay Bouwmeester to Calgary
- Toronto Maple Leafs complete separate trades with Anaheim and Calgary
- Break time- Anaheim beats Edmonton 7-3
- Florida Panthers sign Nathan Horton
- Florida Panthers trade Dominic Moore to Montreal
- Ducks backup Goalie ties team record with 51 saves
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed