He suffered a dislocated wrist in a game yesterday against the Green Bay Packers. From the Chicago Tribune-
Brian Urlacher appears to be out for the season after dislocating his right wrist, the linebacker said Monday. The team has not given the official word, but Lovie Smith is expected to address the issue during his afternoon press conference.
Urlacher injured his wrist in the first quarter of Sunday’s 21-15 loss to the Packers. He was ruled out after halftime.
When asked about his status Monday, Urlacher said in a text message that his “season is over.”
He was scheduled to undergo surgery Monday morning upon the team’s arrival back in Chicago from Green Bay. A dislocated bone had to be surgerically put back in. The surgery might have revealed more extensive damage.
If I had to make a guess, its that there is nerve damage to Urlacher’s wrist and not just a dislocation. The Bears chances of winning of the NFC North have been significantly decreased by this injury. Urlacher is a six-time Pro Bowler.
- Seattle loses OF Endy Chavez for the season after suffering knee injury in collision
- Damaged Goods- Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa to have shoulder surgery
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers Out for Season, Brett Favre Questionable
- Packers Fans Change New Year’s Eve Plans
- Former Green Bay Packers CB Bob Jeter dead at 71
- Favre Unretires, Rejoins Packers Tomorrow
- Chisox Carlos Quentin suffers self-inflicted wrist injury.
- NY Met Pitcher Johan Santana out for the year
- Brett Favre’s Consecutive Starts Streak
- Boston College LB Mark Herzlich diagnosed with cancer
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed