They along with their coach, have been confined to their training base in Western China. From APv-
China’s soccer officials may suspend the Super League after an outbreak of swine flu at one team.
Players and staff of Chongqing Lifan, including Dutch coach Arie Haan, were confined to their training base in western China after 11 players tested positive for the H1N1 virus, the newspaper Titan Sports reported Friday.
Chinese Football Association organizers are considering a series of contingencies for outbreaks, including suspending the season, said Titan, citing association documents.
Such quarantines are usually lifted after one week if no one else tests positive for the virus. Chongqing’s confinement began on Thursday, it said.
It is said Swine Flu in China so far has been pretty mild. The reaction of local officials isn’t a match. If you believe Chinese
propaganda news reports, no one has died of the H1N1 virus in the country. Then why place a soccer team or even an entire hotel under quarantine?
- Calder Race Course postpones two upcoming stakes races
- Report questions age of New Jersey Nets’ Yi
- China to combat spread of HIV/AIDS during 2008 Olympics
- China coach urges gender test on South Korean soccer player
- LPGA Tour adds China stop to 2008 Tour schedule
- Mexican Golf Open postponed due to Swine flu fears
- Colorado Avalanche Goalie Peter Budaj has the swine flu
- Win at any cost- Chinese school accused of fraud at soccer tourney
- Women turn on ref in soccer brawl
- Par for the course
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed