The Browns have only scored 29 points in 3 games so far this season. From ESPN-
Derek Anderson will replace Brady Quinn and start at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns on Sunday against Cincinnati.
Coach Eric Mangini has decided to go with Anderson, a Pro Bowler in 2007, over Quinn, a former first-round draft pick who opened the season as Cleveland’s starter, but was benched at halftime last Sunday in Baltimore.
Mangini believes the Browns have a better chance to move the ball with Anderson.
“I’m excited about the opportunity,” Anderson said. “We’re all competitors, we all want to play. I’m ready to go.”
Mangini spent the entire training camp deciding on a quarterback before picking Quinn over Anderson. But after Quinn threw an interception on the Browns’ first possession Sunday, Mangini benched him after just 10 quarters this season and inserted Anderson.
Anderson had more success moving Cleveland’s offense, but threw three picks in the 34-3 loss to the Ravens.
The Browns are hapless with both Quinn and Anderson behind center. I don’t see this franchise turning around in 2009.
Quinn has been terrible so far in his short NFL career. Is it too early to label him a draft bust?
- Seattle trades QB Seneca Wallace to Cleveland
- Browns Trade Charlie Frye, Starting QB
- QB Brady Quinn out for the year with a broken finger
- Brady Quinn holding out on the Cleveland Browns
- Shooting blanks- Baltimore Ravens beat Cleveland 16-0
- Browns QB Anderson sprains left MCL, likely will be done for season
- Cleveland Browns name
ballboyEric Mangini head coach
- Browns Fire Eric Mangini
- Battle of the
PitsOhio- Cincinnati beats Cleveland 14-0
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed