Getting one’s self arrested isn’t a good way to build job security in the NFL for a rookie. From AP-
Denver Broncos rookie tight end Richard Quinn was required to spend the night in jail after being arrested on harassment and domestic violence charges.
The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Department said Quinn was arrested early Monday afternoon after a woman called 911. The woman told deputies that her live-in boyfriend, Quinn, grabbed and shook her to the ground during an argument and grabbed the phone from her while she was trying to dial 911.
The 22-year-old woman told deputies that Quinn also grabbed her cell phone. She says she ran to another house in the suburban Denver neighborhood to call police.
Deputies say Quinn told them he grabbed the woman only after she started hitting him in the face, but had no visible marks on his face.
Quinn was ordered held overnight in jail without bond per Colorado law in domestic dispute cases. He was due in court Tuesday morning.
After his selection in the 2009 NFL Draft, Denver’s head coach touted Quinn as the type of football player he wanted playing for the Broncos. OTB Sports commenters feel free to be snarky.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers S Jermaine Phillips charged with domestic battery
- Oregon RB LaMichael James arrested on domestic violence charges
- Tampa Bay Buccaneer RB arrested for assaulting a pregnant woman
- Jim Lampley Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Atlanta Falconsâ€™ OT Quinn Ojinnaka arrested over Facebook fracas
- Cleveland Browns trade QB Brady Quinn to Denver
- Peavy Arrested by Mobile Airport Police
- Florida Marlin Pitcher Dontrelle Willis arrested for DUI
- John Daly’s Wife Alleges He Assaulted Himself
- Miami Dolphin DT Tony McDaniel arrested for Domestic violence
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed