Alex Massie argues that college football is Americaâ€™s greatest sport.Â While Iâ€™m a huge fan, I personally prefer the NFL game.Â Steven Taylor points out one reason why:Â absurd mismatches scheduled to give big powers an easy win.Â In Fixing College Football, I offer some suggestions on solving that problem.
Here are the conferences that matter:Â ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10, SEC.Â Go ahead and throw the Big East in, too, if you want to pretend.Â Those are the BCS conferences.
Letâ€™s limit the national championship to schools playing in those conferences.Â Letâ€™s mandate that schools in those conferences schedule games only against other schools in those conferences.Â And â€” hereâ€™s the exciting part â€” letâ€™s take a page out of European soccerâ€™s playbook a have a system where the lesser teams in those conferences get replaced by the best teams from outside.
I elaborate in some detail.
- Sun Belt Conference Presidents- No more body bag games
- Former Notre Dame and NFL football player Jack Zilly dead at 88
- BCS Rant
- NHL: No changes to schedule, playoffs
- Nebraska and Colorado Bolt Big 12: Who’s Next?
- Greatest College Football Team Ever
- SEC Too Good For Ohio State?
- Gap Between Cinderellas and Top Seeds Closing
- Bowl Blog Blowout, Part 1
- Boise State and the BCS
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed