Jeff Jagodzinski has been fired as the Bucs offensive coordinator. Quarterbacks coach Greg Olson has been promoted to the post.
The news is a shock, coming just more than a week before the start of the regular season.
Jagodzinski never coached a regular season game with the Bucs, having been hired in February.
There was no reason offered by the team in its announcement, but coach Raheem Morris will hold a news conference at noon to take questions on the move.
Jagodzinski was fired from his post as head coach at Boston College in January when ignored an order from the school and interviewed with the New York Jets for their vacant head coaching position.
Jagodzinski was present for the team’s practice on Wednesday and there did not appear to be an indication anything was amiss, making this news all the more unexpected. He spent his six months on the job installing the team’s new offense, and a chief question now becomes how his dismissal will affect how its run.
The Gailey and Jagodzinski situations were different. In Gailey’s case he was a holdover from the previous regime. I bet Jagodzinski and Morris had a serious falling out. That is the only reason I can think of for firing a brand new coordinator this close to the beginning of the season. Not that it will matter much, I predict Tampa to go 5-11 this season.
- Buffalo Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach
- Georgia Tech fires coach Chan Gailey
- Here we go again- Buffalo Bills fire Offensive Coordinator Turk Schonert
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade DE Gaines Adams to Chicago
- Dolphins add Pete Carroll as candidate
- Fassel Angled for Job Instead of Doing the One He Had
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers release K Mike Nugent
- Randy Shannon New Miami Head Coach
- NY Jets hire Baltimore asst Rex Ryan to be next head coach
- Who will the Miami Dolphins hire as their new coach?
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Here we go again- Buffalo Bills fire Offensive Coordinator Turk Schonert linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed