Rick Duckett had only been at the Louisiana University for a little over a year. From ESPN-
Grambling State men’s basketball coach Rick Duckett will resign, the school announced Friday, nearly a month after one of his players died following a supervised conditioning session.
Henry White, 21, became ill at a preseason session on Aug. 14 and died on Aug. 26 at a hospital in Shreveport, La. The university and an attorney for White’s family both say they are investigating, according to reports in the Monroe News Star and the Ruston Daily Leader.
White, a prep standout in Milwaukee, transferred to Grambling for the 2009-10 season from Hill Junior College in Texas.
Duckett has been placed on administrative leave through Oct. 31, when his employment officially ends, the university said, according to the reports.
Earlier this week, WISN-TV in Milwaukee, White’s hometown, reported White’s family claims the players were made to run in 104-degree heat without water.
This news article states Duckett wasn’t at the practice in question. If it is true players were made to work out in that temperature, the coaches responsible should be criminally prosecuted.
Update- Rick Duckett is now claiming to have been fired by Grambling.
- Former NFL Defensive End Dwight White dead at 58
- Eddie Robinson, Longtime Grambling Coach, Dies at 88
- NBA Player Lonny Baxter Arrested Near White House
- White powder scare at U of Michigan Football practice
- Andre Waters, Former NFL Defensive Back, Dead at 44
- Albert Pujols Aces Babe Ruth Tests
- Matt White, Rock Magnate, Demoted to Minors
- Justin Verlander Pitches No-Hitter
- Tony Romo Better than Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach?
- Former NFL Punter Tom Whittum dead at age 60
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed