Hey I remember Schonert from his NFL playing days. From the Buffalo News-
Turk Schonert is out as the Buffalo Bills’ offensive coordinator.
The Bills scheduled a news conference for 1:30 this afternoon, where they are expected to announce the stunning shake-up in the coaching staff, a league source told The News.
The move comes after a dismal preseason that saw the first-string offense fail to produce a touchdown in 15 possessions over five games.
Schonert was entering his second season as the coordinator of the offense, which ranked 25th last season and slumped badly after a fast, 5-1 start.
Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson Jr. was in attendance at Thursday night’s exhibition finale against Detroit.
It’s expected Jauron will elevate quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt as the new director of the offense, or perhaps as the passing game coordinator.
Chan Gailey and Jeff Jagodzinski are available. Maybe Buffalo will look to hire them.
All snark aside, Buffalo has little talent talent offensively other than T.O and Marshawn Lynch. The OC’s job for this team is a thankless job at present.
- Buffalo Bills fire coach Dick Jauron
- Buffalo Bills hire Chan Gailey as head coach
- Levy Quits as Bills GM
- J.P. Losman Named Buffalo’s Starting QB
- NFL Ensures Senate Bills will Remain in Buffalo
- Alabama Hires Major Applewhite
- Cowboys Finalizing Coaching Staff
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Why Wade Phillips?
- Louisville Signs Tulsa’s Kragthorpe
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed