It’s over- Detroit beats Washington 19-14
The Lions hadn’t won a regular season game since December 2007. From AP-
The Detroit Lions ended their 19-game losing streak by holding off the Washington Redskins 19-14 Sunday.
Matthew Stafford threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to Bryant Johnson in the first quarter and the two connected to draw a key penalty to set up a TD in the fourth quarter.
The Lions (1-2) had not won since Dec. 23, 2007 and their skid matched the second longest in NFL history.
Washington (1-2) pulled within five points on Jason Campbell’s second touchdown pass with 2:36 left in the game, but couldn’t prevent the Lions from picking up a first down that ran time off the clock and cost it three timeouts.
These are two of the worst teams in the whole NFL. If they win 10 games between the two of them this year, I’d be greatly surprised.
- Pocketful of Miracles- Iowa beats Indiana 42-24
- Out of luck- Northwestern beats Iowa 17-10
- The Saints keep marching in- New Orleans beats Carolina 30-20
- Streaks of one- Miami beats New Jersey 87-84
- Second Chance- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland 38-37
- NHL Eastern Conference at the mid point of the 2009-10 season
- Denver Nuggets match most lopsided win in NBA playoff history
- Vikings Kicker Throws TD Pass, Kicks Winning Field Goal
- Two many happy returns- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 30-25
- Donald Driver sets new Packer reception record as Green Bay beats Detroit 26-0
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed