It is his second win of the 2009 Formula One season. From AP-
McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton has won the Singapore Grand Prix and Brawn GP’s Jenson Button has extended his Formula One championship lead by one point.
Hamilton started from the pole on Sunday and protected his lead to finish 9.6 seconds ahead of Timo Glock. The German equaled Toyota’s best Formula One result by finishing second.
Fernando Alonso gave scandal-hit Renault a lift by finishing third for the French team’s first podium finish of the season.
By cheating at last year’s Singapore GP, Renault has brought at least a temporary case of bad karma upon itself. If the racing team’s fortunes don’t improve, will we begin to hear talk of the Singapore curse?
- Renault won’t contest Singapore race fixing allegations
- Renault summoned by FIA to explain Singapore Grand Prix crash
- Rubens Barrichello wins the Italian Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel wins the Malaysian Grand Prix
- Formula One star Lewis Hamilton banned from driving in France
- Fernando Alonso wins Bahrain Grand Prix
- Michael Schumacher Retiring
- Mark Webber wins the Brazilian Grand Prix
- Not so fast- Felipe Massa declared winner of Belgian GP after Lewis Hamilton penalized
- Mark Webber wins the British Grand Prix
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed