The Dolphins still have four tight ends on the roster. But now they have only one with significant NFL playing experience.
After putting David Martin and his eight seasons of NFL experience on an injury reserve Sunday, the Dolphins claimed 6-4, 256-pound rookie tight end Davon Drew, a fifth-round draft pick who was waived by the Baltimore Ravens.
That leaves starter Anthony Fasano, a player of 48 NFL games and starter of 27, as the only tight end with more than a smidge of NFL game experience. Joey Haynos’ seven games last year put him seven games up on rookies Drew and John Nalbone. And Drew hasn’t been in camp, so he is unlikely to be up to speed by Sunday’s season opener in Atlanta.
Miami doesn’t use two tight end formations but they are terribly thin at this position. Nalbone didn’t impress in camp or preseason games and I’m surprised he is still around.
The local news media really made a mess out of Martin’s situation with the Dolphins. Two newspapers down here reported Miami as cutting Martin before correcting themselves. Getting a news scoop is great but only when what is being reported is accurate.
- Kyle Turley Attempts Comeback as Tight End
- NFL Draft 2009 Round 5 #161 – Miami Dolphins – TE Johnathan Nalbone
- Nick Saban Vetoes Dinner with President Bush
- Miami Dolphins to again start Cleo Lemon at QB
- Miami Dolphins Release Daunte Culpepper
- Is Randy McMichael about to be traded?
- How about them Dolphins?
- Jason Taylor and The Miami Dolphins- The end of the road?
- Injured Bill Kevin Everett Should Walk Again
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed