The 2009 Formula One season continues to be unpredictable. From AP-
Rubens Barrichello picked up his second win in three races to lead Brawn GP to a 1-2 finish at the Italian Grand Prix that tightened the Formula One title fight.
Barrichello and teammate Jenson Button both used one-stop strategies to get the sweep at the Monza circuit on Sunday.
Former Ferrari driver Barrichello shaved two points off Button’s overall lead by getting within 14 points with four races remaining.
Lewis Hamilton of McLaren crashed on his final lap while running third. That allowed Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari to take the final podium spot.
Button remains the favorite for the driving title but he isn’t a lock. IMHO he will win, but narrowly.
- Rubens Barrichello wins the European Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel wins the Japanese Grand Prix
- Jenson Button wins the Monaco Grand Prix
- Mark Webber wins the Brazilian Grand Prix
- Sebastian Vettel wins Chinese Grand Prix
- Kimi Raikkonen wins his 4th Belgian Grand Prix
- The reign in Spain- Jenson Button wins Spanish Grand Prix
- Mark Webber wins the British Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton wins Singapore Grand Prix
- Turkish delight- Jenson Button wins a sixth 2009 Formula One race
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed