The hapless Bengals can’t ever get a break. From AP-
Brandon Stokley caught the deflected pass, turned and looked upfield. Nobody stood between him and the end zone.
In the time it takes to sprint the length of the field, Stokley ran Denver out of a crushing loss and into franchise lore. His 87-yard touchdown with 11 seconds left on Sunday provided a 12-7 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, who are going to need a long time to recover from this one.
Down to desperation, Orton threw a sideline pass that was nearly intercepted. The next play was a throw to the other sideline for Brandon Marshall, who was blanketed. Cornerback Leon Hall cut in front, went up for the ball and tipped it into the air.
The carom went to Stokley, who couldn’t believe his luck as he headed for the end zone, running sideways a few steps to kill time before finally crossing in.
Here’s the Youtube video of the play. One of the announcers compares it to John Mackey’s catch in Super Bowl V.
Unbelievable is right.
- Denver Broncos Wide Receiver arrested for 4th time in 3 years
- Top 10 NFL WR Corps
- Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall sets NFL catch record
- Hawaii stays perfect, downs Washington 35-28
- Second Chance- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland 38-37
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #13- Philadelphia(From 49ers through Broncos)- DE Brandon Graham
- NFL Draft 2007 – Round 1 #18 – Cincinnati Bengals – CB Leon Hall
- Houston Cougar WR fractures leg after running into cart
- Where are my heart medications? Miami Dolphins beat Minnesota 14-10
- Umpires vs. technology
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed