How many women will stay home Saturday rather than go without their purse? From AP-
Michigan is banning purses and all other bags from Michigan Stadium for security reasons, and the Pittsburgh Pirates are planning additional screening measures, too.
The University of Michigan said Wednesday it will require written permission from a medical professional before allowing any bags into the football stadium for Saturday’s game against Indiana.
Recent arrests in Colorado and New York related to a terrorism probe touched off a flurry of national security bulletins. Michigan said in a statement that “adjusting security measures is the prudent thing to do.”
School safety Deputy Chief Charlie Noffsinger said Michigan hasn’t received information on any specific threats but acted after consulting with federal officials.
The University can do what they want, but how much of our rights as citizens are we supposed to give up just for vague threats? I’ve all but stopped flying since 9-11. The last time I flew, my carry-ons were given extra scrutiny. When people feel the inconveniences outweigh the entertainment, they decide to stay home. I don’t blame them either.
- Dallas Cowboys New Stadium ‘AT&T Field’
- Oh have the mighty fallen- Purdue beats Michigan 38-36
- Texas A&M and Seattle Seahawks Settle 12th Man Dispute
- Nevada boxing judge indicted for fraud
- Maurice Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster?
- Jim Harbaugh 49ers New Coach
- Michigan State Hires Cincy’s Mark Dantonio
- LA Lakers Andrew Bynum misses team flight to Toronto
- Italian Soccer Teams Play Without Fans
- NFL to Screw Chargers Out of Home Game
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed