U of Missouri sells old phones with coaches data stored on them
Who in Columbia need concern themselves with athletes twittering too much when the University is selling its own secrets. From AP-
The University of Missouri athletics department is changing its procedures after selling a box of old cell phones that included old text messages and contact numbers.
Mike Bellman paid $190 for 25 phones. They included text messages to and from basketball coach Mike Anderson, football coach Gary Pinkel and Athletics Director Mike Alden. E-mails and contact numbers were also on the phones.
The university offered to buy them back, but Bellman said he hoped to sell them to a sports collector.
Are there some sports fanatics who would cough up money for these phones or is it wishful thinking? I guess some people’s junk is sports memorabilia to other people.
- Florida Marlins put unused perfect game tickets on sale
- NCAA Worried About Coaching Arms Race
- Chargers’ safety arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Cubs file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- New Mexico football coach Mike Locksley accused of sexual harassment
- Alabama Offering Nick Saban 7 Year, $40 Million Deal
- Steelers Add Seats to Heinz Field
- Tennessee Martin basketball coach resigns after internal audit
- Florida A&M Basketball coach charged with stalking
- Parting gift- Montana State basketball program gets bequeathed $170,000
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed