He won’t be joining his team for a 4-game road trip that begins today. From AP-
The Colorado Avalanche confirmed that backup goalie Peter Budaj has the swine flu.
Budaj didn’t accompany the Avalanche on their four-game road trip that begins Tuesday night in Edmonton. There’s a chance Budaj could rejoin the team later in the trip if he’s cleared by team doctors.
“We’re always cautious,” coach Joe Sacco said Friday. “With Peter, once he came down with those flu-like symptoms, we did the right thing by keeping him away.”
The team said no other players have come down with the virus.
Yet. It will interesting to see what a pro sports league does if there is a significant flu outbreak on one team.
Budaj hasn’t even played a game so far this season. Ex-Florida Goalie Craig Anderson has been doing a fantastic job for the first 11 games of the year. An AHL Goalie has been brought up to fill Budaj’s spot. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anderson starts Colorado’s first 15 games of the 2009-10 NHL season.
- Colorado and Goalie Craig Anderson blank Vancouver 3-0
- Fast Draw- St. Louis Blues take 8 seconds to score goal
- Chinese soccer team quarantined over swine flu
- Florida’s 6-3 win over Boston puts them one point out of division lead
- Dousing the Flames- Panthers beat Calgary 3-2
- What are you waiting for?- Florida Panthers beat Colorado 6-5
- Keep firing- NY Islanders beat Toronto 4-3
- Mexican Golf Open postponed due to Swine flu fears
- Goalie Craig Anderson and Florida Panthers shut down Ottawa 3-1
- Craig Anderson completes his 2nd straght shutout, Florida beats Boston 1-0
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed