He broke the previous mark held by Sterling Sharpe. From AP-
Aaron Rodgers got knocked around again but still managed to have a big day against the Detroit Lions’ defense, throwing for 358 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in the Green Bay Packers’ 26-0 victory Sunday.
Donald Driver became the franchise’s career receptions leader with a first-quarter catch and rookie outside linebacker Clay Matthews III had two sacks as the Packers (3-2) turned in a dominant defensive effort against an undermanned Lions offense.
Detroit (1-5) was without rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Calvin Johnson because of injuries — and it showed, as the Lions managed only 79 yards of total offense in the first half. Backup quarterback Daunte Culpepper hurt his hamstring in the third quarter and was replaced by third-stringer Drew Stanton.
The Lions after getting their first win since 2007, generated some enthusiasm for a significant turnaround this year. Now they are 1-5 and banged up at Quarterback. More than three wins this year is overly optimistic IMHO.
- NFL Draft 2009 – Round 1 #1 – Detroit Lions – QB Matthew Stafford
- Second Chance- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland 38-37
- Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz says drafting QB not out of the question
- It’s over- Detroit beats Washington 19-14
- Detroit Lions release QB Drew Henson
- Carolina QB Jake Delhomme has a broken finger
- NFL Draft 2010 â€“ Round 1 #30- Detroit(From Minnesota)- RB Jahvid Best
- Alabama Whips Georgia 41-30
- Brett Favre 99.9% Sure He’ll Retire a Packer
- 25 Best NFL Wide Receivers
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed