The cats split the first two games of the 2009-10 NHL season. From AP-
The Florida Panthers on Monday signed unrestricted free-agent center Dominic Moore to a one-year deal worth $1.1 million.
The signing adds more depth down the middle for the Panthers, who also acquired Steve Reinprecht during the offseason before signing him to a three-year-deal.
Moore posted 12 goals and 29 assists in 63 games for the Toronto Maple Leafs before being traded to the Buffalo Sabres at last season’s trade deadline. He had just three points in 18 games in Buffalo.
The 29-year-old center has 35 goals and 100 points in 305 career NHL games.
The Panthers are thin at Center. They have Gregory Campbell, Bryan Campbell, Steve Reinprecht, Kamil Kreps, and Shawn Matthias. Weiss is a good player, but his faceoff winning percentage was poor in 2008-09. Campbell is coming off his best year ever, Reinprecht I think is just a run of the mill player, Kreps has shown little in his NHL career so far, and Matthias is very green but a good prospect. Moore will help the Panthers win more faceoffs, and I think his acquisition is a good one. Who will the Panthers cut or send down to Rochester to make room on the roster? I’d keep Matthias over Kreps but I’m betting the Panthers do the reverse.
- Florida Panthers acquire C Steve Reinprecht from Phoenix
- Shawn the Man- Florida beats Montreal 2-1
- Clobbered- Florida beats Pittsburgh 6-2
- Florida Panthers trade Dominic Moore to Montreal
- What are you waiting for?- Florida Panthers beat Colorado 6-5
- Holding on for dear life- Florida Panthers defeat Tampa 4-3
- The dumps- Carolina lose 10th in a row, Florida Panthers wins 3-0
- The Magic Man- Florida beats Atlanta 1-0
- Holy Kreps- Florida beats Carolina 4-1
- Florida Panthers re-sign Jassen Cullimore
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed