This move became necessary after current Colt placekicker Adam Venitieri underwent knee surgery. From ESPN-
The Indianapolis Colts have signed ex-Ravens kicker Matt Stover to replace Adam Vinatieri, who is out for four to eight weeks following knee surgery.
The team said Vinatieri underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right [kicking] knee to remove a piece of cartilage.
Vinatieri, in his 14th season, has 35 points on six field goals and 17 point-after conversions this season.
Stover was a more than solid NFL placekicker for 19 years. Most of which were spent with the Cleveland Browns and Baltimore Ravens. I think the Colts chose the right person to fill in for Vinatieri.
- Colts Go Back to Baltimore, Beat Ravens 15-6
- Vinatieri Signed by Colts
- Mike Vanderjagt, Idiot Kicker, Key to Cowboys’ Hopes
- Vinatieri has Broken Bone in Non-Kicking Foot
- NFL Draft 2006 – Round 1 #12 – Baltimore Ravens (from Browns) – DT Haloti Ngata
- Baltimore Back Stories
- Philadelphia Flyers Defensemen Derian Hatcher retires
- Phil Dawson Crazy Field Goal (Video)
- Conference Championship Back Stories
- Indianapolis Colts Safety Antoine Bethea breaks hand in practice
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed