He played 2009 NFL preaseason football with the Baltimore Ravens. RIP.
Tony Fein, an Iraq War veteran who was a member of the Ravens during the preseason, died Tuesday morning in Port Orchard, Wash., according to his agent.
There were no immediate details about his death, said the agent, Milton D. Hobbs.
“It’s a very sad situation,” Hobbs told The Baltimore Sun late Tuesday night. “I am still trying to figure out what happened.”
Fein, 27, was an undrafted rookie free-agent linebacker who was released by the Ravens in their final major cutdown Sept. 5.
Although old for a rookie, Fein, at 6 feet 2, 245 pounds, caught the eyes of scouts at the University of Mississippi’s Pro Day, where the school’s football players audition for scouts before the NFL draft.
- Edgar Allan Tex?
- Terrell Suggs files grievance against Ravens
- Miguel Tejada signs 1-year contract with Baltimore Orioles
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 6- Dallas Cowboys – DE Erik Walden
- Colts Go Back to Baltimore, Beat Ravens 15-6
- Former NFL OT Orlando ‘Zeus’ Brown dead at 40
- Former NFL LB Mel Kaufman dead at age 50
- Packers Give Favre More Time to Make Up His Mind
- Snow delays kickoffs of Ravens-Bears and Eagles-49ers games
- Cowboys Sign Kosier; To Re-Sign Gurode
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed