What a night the second year NFL Quarterback making only his second start had tonight. 20 for 25 with 241 yards and two touchdown throws. Henne did not throw a interception.
Miami may have finally found the person to replace Dan Marino. Henne has looked more than solid every game he has had the chance to play with the exception of the San Diego game where he replaced Chad Pennington.
Miami ran for over 150 yards. With Rickey Williams and Ronnie Brown sharing the load almost 50-50. The Wildcat offense earned 110 yards on 16 plays and scored two touchdowns. People call The Wildcat a gimmick. If so, why do NFL teams have so much trouble defensing it?
The Dolphin defense and special teams still look suspect. How many times does a team run two fake punts in a game? Miami’s pass defense is getting beat far too often. There’s some talented young players in the secondary, Sean Smith and Vontae Davis, but they are rookies and prone to mistakes as they learn the league.
A few other notes-
Chad Henne was 7 for 7 with 140 yards passing and two touchdowns when Miami used play action. For 10 years the Dolphins have been looking for the person to fill the shoes of Dan Marino. Is Henne it? He played great last night and showed great poise.
I spent most of the first half flipping channels between this game and the Florida Panther-Tampa Bay Lightning game, won by Tampa 3-2. The Panthers are 1-4, their worst start in franchise history.
- Two many happy returns- Miami Dolphins beat NY Jets 30-25
- Not Standing Pat- Miami Dolphins cut QB Pat White and WR Patrick Turner
- Miami Dolphins acquire QB Tyler Thigpen from Kansas City
- Miami Dolphins fire Defensive Coordinator Paul Pasqualoni
- Backup power- Miami Dolphins beat Carolina Panthers 24-17
- Sources say Miami Dolphin QB Chad Pennington done for the season
- Miami Dolphins release QB John Beck
- NFL Draft 2008 – Round 2 #54 – Miami Dolphins – QB Chad Henne
- Weekly Miami Dolphins prediction
- Personal Foul- Tennessee beats Miami 27-24 in overtime
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
Comments are Closed