He will forfeit almost $35,000 in salary also. From ESPN-
The NHL suspended Anahiem Ducks forward Evgeny Artyukhin for three games without pay Thursday for what the league called “a slew-footing incident” against Dallas Stars defenseman Matt Niskanen of Wednesday’s game.
Niskanen suffered a head injury that will keep him out of Thursday’s game against Los Angeles.
Since Artyukhin was suspended for two games in January 2009, he is considered a repeat offender. He’ll forfeit $34,756.11 in salary based on the number of games (82), rather than the number of days (193). The forfeited money goes into the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Artyukhin is a thug. Last year while playing with Tampa he brutally injured Florida Panther Ville Peltonen. I’m not a fan of NHL players who are sadists on ice skates.
Here’s the video of Artyukhin’s hit on Niskanen.
- NHL suspends Carolina Hurricane Tuomo Ruutu for 3 games
- NHL hands Steve Ott three-game suspension for hit to Jordan Leopold
- Alex Ovechkin suspended two games for Campbell hit
- Jim O’Brien Wins $2.2 Million from Ohio State
- Cowboys Get Pacman Jones
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers to play 3 games in 11 days
- NFL Draft Trade Chart Values Don’t Consider Cap
- NHL suspends Phoenix defenseman Ed Jovanovski for 2 games
- New Orleans Saints cut RB Deuce McAllister
- NJ Devil General Manager says postponed game to be costly
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- NHL suspends Carolina Hurricane Tuomo Ruutu for 3 games linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed