thug NHL player being wrist slapped by the league. From AP-
Carolina Hurricanes forward Tuomo Ruutu has been suspended three games by the NHL for a boarding of Darcy Tucker that knocked the Colorado Avalanche winger unconscious.
Ruutu was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding Tucker at 5:26 of the second period of Friday night’s game.
Ruutu will lose $56,067.36 in salary for the suspension, which was announced Saturday. The money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Here’s the video
The NHL will only get control of this violence by handing down suspensions for double digit amounts of games. I don’t see that happening any time soon. I think the NHL thinks violence like this and the Evgeny Artyukhin/Matt Niskanen incident appeal to a certain group of fans. They probably do, but I don’t know why a serious sports needs to satisfy the lowest common denominators among its fan base. The image of the NHL will always be dirtied by the thugs that play for them.
- NHL suspends Anaheim Duck Evgeny Artyukhin for 3 games
- Ottawa Senator Jarkko Ruutu suspended two games for bite
- Ivan Rodriguez sets all time record for games played as a catcher
- Alex Ovechkin ejected for hit on Brian Campbell
- Tobacco Road Rivalry Resumes: Carolina Tops Duke 79-73
- Streaks- Oklahoma City beats New Jersey 105-89
- Tampa Bay Bucs CB Elbert Mack suspended for one game
- Alex Ovechkin suspended two games for Campbell hit
- NFL Draft 2011 Round 1 #14 St. Louis Rams DE Robert Quinn
- Former BYU Golf coach Karl Tucker dead at 83
- Eight is Enough- Edmonton beats Chicago 8-4
- Lydia Ko wins New South Wales Open
- The Comeback I- Pittsburgh Penguins beat NY Islanders 5-0
- Seattle Mariners Outfielder Greg Halman stabbed to death at age 24
- Hee Young Park wins CME Titleholders Championship
- Oklahoma State Women’s Basketball Coach Kurt Budke dead at 50
- Costly mistake- Blackhawks waive Rostislav Olesz
- Manager Tony La Russa announces retirement
- Puck Drop- Florida Panthers start the 2011-12 NHL season
- 13-time PGA Tour winner Dave Hill dead at 74
- Florida Panther David Booth taken off ice on stretcher linked with OTB Sports
Comments are Closed